View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:18 PM
DingosAteYurBaby
Part-Time Fan

OOC: Ford to come. Still could use some connections for any of my characters. Let me know if you're interested. Also thinking about bringing in another character...maybe once it takes off. Maybe a Sinclaire sibling (female) open to suggestions. Also, REALLY enjoying everyone's characters. They are a hoot to read. Hope everyone's weekend goes well!

Rory
Rory was always impeccably late. Ever since he was a child, he could never seem to arrive on time. According to his mother, he was two weeks late and the only reason he arrived when he did was because they had to finally cut him out of her against his will. Rory’s mom had a weird sense of humor. Rory sighed. “We agreed that I would get him this Christmas.” Rory spoke into his cell phone. The mumbled voice of a woman echoed in the silence of Rory’s car. “Come on, Serena, it’s been 3 months since I’ve had him for a whole weekend.” More mumbling. “Fine. I’ll just take him to lunch Christmas Eve. Can I at least talk to him?” Click. Rory tossed his phone to his side annoyed and gripped his steering wheel. It was hard enough being a single father, but when you’re dealing with a spoiled Upper East Sider for a baby mamma, it’s downright impossible.

Six hours and thirty-three minutes later, Rory had finally arrived at the Donahue mansion. He didn’t understand why the Donahue matriarch didn’t just buyout a venue closer to the families. All the families, at least the ones that mattered, live within an hour of each other except the Sinclaires and no one cares if they decided not to show. But tonight, like most of these social, narcissistic “charity” events, was to show how the Donahues and Delongpres enjoy exerting their power over the rest of society’s ruling families. Tonight was definitely no exception. Rory’s own reason for attending was to enlist the help of Elizabeth Donahue in making headway in his never-ending mission to gain equal custody of his son…so…I guess nobody is as innocent as they seem.

Rory pulled up to the valet and looked over at his passenger seat. It was littered in articles and textbooks about child custody laws and how to prove you’re a good father. This was Rory’s life. Sliding it all onto the ground, he found the crumpled up tie he was looking for. He exited the car and saw the looks the valet was shooting him. If it wasn’t for the 2016 Land Rover he just exited that cost more than this guy’s salary over the course of 4 years, no one would believe he belonged here…especially the way he was dressed. He handed the valet his kids and made his way into the mansion.

Stopping shortly before entering the main party area, he caught himself in the mirror. He padded down his hair the best he could, but it was disheveled and a little out of control, which would work on any of the patrons of his bar, but not so much on the high society princesses that would be in attendance tonight. Wrapping the tie around his neck, he quickly tied it and took a deep breath. A waiter with Champaign passed by him and he grabbed a glass and downed it. He was going to need that and a lot more if he was going to make it through this evening. When he was satisfied enough with his appearance which was by no means ragged and looked fairly presentable, he entered the party. He and Elizabeth would have to have a chat, but first things first…the bar. Rory smiled and nodded his way over to the bar and raised his hand to the bartender. “Can I get a whiskey, neat…” Rory looked to his left and noticed Sydney Jordan and then to his right where Lynette Donahue looked as if that permanent stick in her ass turned sideways. Rory sighed and looked back to the bartender. "Can you make that a double.” He said. Two of the Donahues’ most eligible bachelorettes and Rory knew whatever tension he walked in the middle of was about to be directed towards him. Rory threw a five dollar bill on the table and grabbed his drinks. “Evening, Ladies. You two kiss and make up?” Rory smirked. The ongoing feud between Sydney and Lynette had been going on for years. Everyone knew that if they were in proximity of each other. Sparks were bound to fly.
Tag Lynette/Sydney

Last edited by DingosAteYurBaby; 12-21-2015 at 10:47 PM