View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
CityGal
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Spoiler Room: Grey's Anatomy, The Flash, Supergirl, more spoilers | EW.com

Seriously? Barry is not Joe's son, never has been never will be. Joe's only been a prominent figure in his life cause his actual father was in jail but even then, he was still visiting him. It's bad enough the writers shaft Joe/Iris and Barry/Barry, I could do without the useless tension between Barry & Wally.
Thanks for the link.

I find the Barry/Joe story to be one of the most compelling and most beautifully done on the show. I think for a man to take in a little boy, who is not biologically related, and provide him with a home and unconditional love equal to that of a biological son...is beautiful. It even transcends race. The human capacity to love and show decency by the character of Joe is one of the best aspects of the character and show which is truly unique on television at the moment.

Father figures on television right now are awful. From the downright selfish and manipulative to the uncaring and stupid television 'fathers' on screen, Joe is a breath of fresh air. He's trying his best to raise a daughter and a son (his best friend's) alone and raise them to be good upstanding individuals of character. Yeah, he messes up from time to time in judgement, but all people do. But he loves both of them and wants the best for them, and wants them be their best.