View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 06:32 AM
unbridledbeauty
Part-Time Fan

Beautifully put, LaisF. And that's one of the big reasons Jane and Rafael don't feel right - everything about their relationship has been rushed, which comes across as insincere. Jane and Michael have had the more evolved, deep, time-tested relationship. Jane and Rafael had problems right away, whereas Michael and Jane quickly fell into a sweet, fun, compatible relationship from the start, and maintained it for two years.

I hope the writers don't try to sell the "two people who are fundamentally different in their core values can work through anything and be happy". I think it can happen sometimes, but I also think in the TV world it is over played. If these two couples were tested in real life, Jane and Michael would have far less conflict moving forward than Jane and Rafael, who have issues with money and schooling and religion and understanding each other and his completely psycho family. I can see a lot of arguments and a lot of tears in their future. Jane and Michael might have way more to work through in order to get married, but once they get to that place, at their core they are similar and agree on a lot of things, and they would have a much more peaceful marriage. So if Jane is putting Mateo first, she should think about that.