View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 05:07 AM
Jessiegabriela
Addicted Fan

I assumed he was Latino because in S1 when he has that meal with the villanueva women, xo says something against Raf in Spanish and he proceeds to reply back to her in Spanish.

Also, the actress who play's Raf's mother is Latina, if it's offensive for an Italian to play a Latino than should it not be offensive to have a Latina play an Italian. Now, I'd be more offended if Justin/Raf were playing a white character. If it's so offensive that Justin might be playing a Latino when in fact he himself is Italian, then isn't it also offensive that Raf isn't part Jewish? Because not only is Justin Italian he's also Jewish. Imo as long as Justin is not playing a white character, than no one should be offended that he's playing a POC that might not be where he's from.

Also, my assumption came from the Solano surname begin a Spanish surname. There is also the fact that this show is based on the Venezuelan version, meaning 99.9% of the people on that show were all Latin/Venezuelan born. Yes, JTV is based in the US so you will have more American/white characters. However, my assumption was that most of the Main's would be Latino and they are, so I didn't think that Raf could possibly be Italian.

We should remember that just because ones surname might be Spanish/Italian does not mean that the person is from either of those places.

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert

Last edited by Jessiegabriela; 11-26-2015 at 05:37 AM