View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 02:57 AM
drunkalice
Master Fan

Quote:
I wasn't trying to make a social justice issue out of thin air. I'm a woman of color and have always been very cognizant of these issues. I suppose its cause Luisa is a latina actress and justin is quite dark so I just assumed he was of latino descent.
I'm sure you weren't, and yeah it's unclear. Hollywood does have a tendency to cast Latinos as Italian Americans and vice versa because God bless them, as long as they're not white Americans it's no difference to them. Hopefully we'll find out where the Solanos are from at some point.

Quote:
Didn't Raf both understand and speak Spanish in s1?
I don't remember if he can speak Spanish, but if he understands it I wouldn't be too surprised because Italian and Spanish are quite similar. It'd explain why in Monday's episode Jane thought she'd translate Alba's words but Rafael had understood just about something.

Quote:
Yes, you would have to be incredibly forgiving and patient to stay committed to Jane when she does her flip-flopping. The problem with this is that it makes her untrustworthy. How can either guy be convinced she is genuine with her feelings and will not change her mind again at some point?
Yup that's precisely the point here.