View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Sav@
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Couldn't they just have gone with "Jo doesn't believe in marriage and thinks that a marriage license kills the romance" thing they had in 10x16?
Hahaha of course they couldn't! Because that would mean a storyline all about Jolex.

For this reason I said since they needed Alex for Mer and couldn't have him busy for something else related to his relationship, they used the same storyline for make a problem for Jolex; practically they killed two birds with one stone, they had Alex all for what they needed and they had Jo with no one, so they didn't need even to develop her, and they got a Jolex's problem/cliffhanger with minimal effort. What a genius they are.

Quote:
I hope the fact that Jo will not say yes (not sure if she will say no) will make Alex realize that he can't keep going like this. Nobody, including Jo, says that he shouldn't be there for his friends but he's overdoing it and he's treating Jo like crap in the process. I hate that the writers have done this to Jolex and I hate that it's Alex who has become so obsessed with his superficial friendships. I really need a change there, I'm pretty sure i'll take almsot every possible scenario. Either they include Jo more into his friendships (what about the Mer/Jo bonding Shonda wanted to do??? If Jo and Alex will get married at some point there better be some Mer/Jo bonding first) or they make Alex spend less time with his friends or they just give him and Jo a common new friend (couple).
Well, even if I don't trust GA writers anymore, I think that if Jo doesn't say yes, Alex will understand and change his behaviour. I really believe that, and I can't wait for it.

And I still remember Shonda's comment about how "Mer needs to know Jo".. the problem is, I don't know if I still want some kind of relationship between them. Sure I want see them be civil and Mer stops be a completely bitch, but after all of her "acidity" I'm not sure I want something else now.