View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Sav@
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And then of course the things he said during their fight. That was pretty bad. Still, I try to keep in mind, that it HAD to be pretty bad in order to get Jo where the writers wanted her to be in the end. They had her putting up with so much all this time, so they made it worse to show she's finally had enough. IMO it was pretty bad writing. It was plot-driven instead of character-driven. They knew where they wanted this story to end - with a cliffhanger proposal - but they didn't put that much effort into making it all covincing. Bc one can't help but wonder: Who on earth would propose to their SO after a huge fight where you basically negated all of your girlfriend's worries?
I 100% agree with that.
More I think about it and more I realize how Jo's situation was exaggerated only for the cliffhanger. They needed Alex be there for Meredith, so since they had this story, they decided to use it and put it at the limit for the proposal. Otherwise why Jo would said no to Alex? There wasn't reason for it, you see it also in 12x03 how Jo wanted more, so they needed a problem for make a cliffhanger. And they decide to make Jo feel like crap so we can have this stand-by situation.
The problem is that they did it in a really horrible way. They destroyed everything, they ruined Jo, and sure they ruined Alex with that, because I will never accept that Alex could say these horrible things the same day he wants to propose to the person he wants to marry, absolutely no.
It was all about a really bad writing IMO.

Now I just hope they try to fix it with Alex finally understand the problem, with a really big wake up call for him, that only Jo can give him.

Quote:
I read someone saying that Alex's treatment of Jo changes drastically whenever he's with friends and whenever it's just him and Jo.
Sadly, this is true. And this is why I blame Alex for the entire situation. For me it's all his fault how his friends don't take Jo so serious. And I'm not talking about work, where they are her bosses, but I'm talking about the girlfriend's thing. His friends don't take Jo serious about that, (and I already made the example with Amelia that invited Jo to the dinner like she wasn't supposed to go with Alex) and the reason could be the way how Alex acts with her when they are with other people. I know they aren't this sloppy couple, I'm not talking about kisses and caresses in public, but he didn't show much importance/interest/seriousness toward Jo (not sit with her/not care when she is talking etc..) when he is with his friends, and this is projected on how the others perceive their relationship IMO. And that sucks. And is Alex's fault.