View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 01:50 AM
I'msolost
Part-Time Fan

What happened to Spirit of the Radio? Did we chase her away? I hope not. I always enjoyed reading her opinion.

I'm pretty fed up with Alex + the sisters scenes too, but that doesn't mean I find all of Alex's actions in them annoying, stupid or ooc. Eg. I had no problem with him speculating about the Riggs/Hunt situation. Alex was engaged in some gossiping even way back in the earlier seasons. Like when Meredith and George slept together and he said "I bet he caught Meredith doing McDreamy" or something like that. Or when he would bet with Cristina about the whole Derek vs. Finn thing. That's why I actually had no problem with him gossiping. This one time,

However, what I did have problem with was the way he was so oblivious to Jo in the car. And then of course the things he said during their fight. That was pretty bad. Still, I try to keep in mind, that it HAD to be pretty bad in order to get Jo where the writers wanted her to be in the end. They had her putting up with so much all this time, so they made it worse to show she's finally had enough. IMO it was pretty bad writing. It was plot-driven instead of character-driven. They knew where they wanted this story to end - with a cliffhanger proposal - but they didn't put that much effort into making it all covincing. Bc one can't help but wonder: Who on earth would propose to their SO after a huge fight where you basically negated all of your girlfriend's worries?

Also yeah, I think the fact that Jo was about to leave, didn't completely register with Alex. But he would be a pretty unperceptive and insensitive moron, if it didn't dawn on him once he had a minute to process and think about everything for a moment. It happened all so quickly after all. I'm willing to cut him some slack for the moment. But still... I hope this ends up being Alex's wake-up call. I need him to realise how close he is to losing Jo. And while I believe that everything he said was genuine, he needs turn his words into actions. Because only saying it is not good enough.