View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 10:39 AM
xsweetgirlx91
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So do you think even if Jo says no to him, things aren't gonna change?
I kinda lost hope in general. But Jo saying no could be the only way some things are gonna change. What makes me furious in regards of this situation is how the writers always make it look like Alex cares more about Meredith than Jo. Mer treats Jo poorly, he doesn't even acknowledge it but when Jo says it out loud he's offended on Meredith's behalf and defends her. And even tops that and says how much Meredith means to him. Instead of telling Meredith how much Jo means to him so that maybe Meredith will make an effort to be friendlier to Jo. I had hope after Alex's "I want you and all of it with you" speech in 11x24 and even after him only telling about his childhood obesity to Jo that we were back to the old Alex and Jo who trust each other more than anyone else but that didn't last.

I'm just freaking tired of this person crap. It's childish and toxic and it makes people think that Merlex should or will be a couple. Alex's behavior towards Jo these days isn't exactly helping. I don't even need for people to all ship Jolex but I just need for them to accept that Alex and Jo are a longterm couple. The writers didn't change their minds after adding Maggie and Amelia and they didn't change their minds after Derek died. Alex and Jo have had history before these things happened and they have a better understanding of each other than anyone else understands either of them. Just because someone else lost their significant other doesn't mean that Alex's whole story on the show will be re-written so he can be their love interest. And I'm freaking glad that the writers decided to allow him his own story with Jo, even though they haven't exactly showed much of that lately.

Quote:
The only issue I have is that the emotion is mostly Jo, and we aren't seeing what we want to see from Alex. I know he stopped her, but I don't think he is actually registering the fact that she was LEAVING him. Because of that, I really don't know what they will do.
That is actually so true. I'm not sure if the reason he didn't look so worried after pulling out the ring was because Jo almost looked happy and emotional (or so you can think by her covering her mouth with her hands) and he thought that the ring would change her mind. I guess it's his way of saying "you come first to me, I want to marry you" but I wish he'd show it more! And emotion-void Alex is something I've had an issue with since last season. I'm not sure what it is and if being Meredith's person is taking up so much of his energy, but he always looks so tired and drained. He's just not as passionate as he once used to be. At least he went all jackass in the fight with Jo, so we know it's still there, but he sure could show it more when he's being loving.

I really think there's gonna be more to this proposal and it's not gonna end well, because I really think there's more they could've done with it. I love the scene too because several aspects of it were perfectly Jolex but it's not how I imagined their proposal to go.

Quote:
Sad Justin never be interviewed
I NEED this so badly. I want to hear Justin's take on this whole situation!