View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 07:44 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I haven't posted here, yet. I think it's going to take awhile for me to process this episode.

I'm still terribly sad. I will miss Toby, Francis and my Frary so much. Toby is such a special talent, and I can't wait to see all of the big things that are in store for him.

All in all, I thought it was a beautiful episode, with stunning performances - in particular by Ade, Toby, Megan and Torr. This cast is so brilliant.

I reveled in all of the moments of joy and beauty they gave us with Frary in this episode. I will ALWAYS want more of these two, but for me, it was a fitting ending for an EPIC ship. Francis' death was violent, but there was a certain art to it. He died bravely protecting the woman he loved. And it wasn't random. The seeds had been planted since the first frame of the pilot. It was a glorious end, worthy of a King. The writing may always be questionable on this show, but at least they got that right.

I was so happy that we got a lovely final scene between Catherine and Francis. He was her favorite, her golden boy. It's easy to say that, once again, Francis should have listened to his mother. But, I do agree with him. He was given a second chance at life, and he was not going to live it in fear. He was going to live his life on his own terms. Catherine should be proud.

The Mary/Catherine scenes were also beautiful in this episode. Catherine comforting Mary and not blaming her for Francis' death. It appears that we will be getting more of these two, and I'm so excited about that.

I love that Bash was the one to tell Catherine that her son was dead. It was another powerful scene. But I will FOREVER be disappointed and bitter that we didn't get a final Frash good-bye scene, or scenes with Francis' other siblings. I agree with everything that has been said here. They really messed up on that one. I will never understand why they couldn't even show Charles and Claude at the funeral.