View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 10:28 AM
FauxDetective
Loyal Fan

I understand your point and I'm not saying he'd be so detached that he'd be capable of acting in a professional capacity as anyone's therapist in this situation. I just personally have a hard time seeing him as being so devastated that he'd be unable to lend support as a friend to Walter and Sly. I think he and Paige would essentially be in the same position in that they would be sad about Megan's death, but even more concerned with helping their friends.

Now, where I definitely could see a difference is how they do deal with their own feelings (whether about Megan's death itself or having to see Walter and Sly grieving) at the end of the day. Whereas Paige would respond in a healthy way (maybe talking to someone, like Cabe, perhaps?), Toby would probably just gamble or do something equally self-destructive. So while I'm sure his lower EQ will come into play at some point, I don't think it would make him emotionally incapable of being there for Waler and Sly.

Just my own personal take on the situation but, like you said, this is new territory for Scorpion, so it will be interesting to see where the writers go with it!

Last edited by FauxDetective; 11-14-2015 at 11:01 AM
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote