View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 09:46 PM
JustMe2000
Elite Fan

So my fellow Mod and I got this idea of bumping a few episode threads here and there to discuss them all these years later. With the Canadians having their election today (and didn't the new PM use the Degrassi set for a commercial at one point?) we honed in some of the elections episodes, which have usually been pretty fun. Family Politics, in Season 1, was no exception, and thus I re-watched it.

A few thoughts:

-Couldn't help but laugh at Jimmy being the silent man whenever he and Spin do their bully routine.
-This is the episode with Manny's reference to her soon to be forgotten brother.
-In the beginning of this episode there's sequence in which Terri is commenting on Ashley and Toby being just like siblings and then after Paige's "new year new look new Paige" moment, we see her silently mocking her after she walks away. That was a great sequence for her. I wish we had seen more of that version of Terri.
-That device of having the cameras talk into cameras about their feelings about the election was a good way to give us little insights into the characters. Remember, this was the first episode in which we met most of these characters.
-The climatic conversation between Toby and Ashley was a good one, but it did expose some umm...well, let's just say Jake and Melissa would get better.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote