View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Radames
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
I think so too.

After watching this latest episode, I thought it was interesting that Arthur said when you combine Excalibur, you snuff out the darkness. Of course, the DO voice in Emma's head told her the exact opposite. I'm guessing that it will be neither, and that it's actually all about balance. Everyone has darkness and light and the sword represents the two balanced together - that's why it's "the mightiest sword of all."
That's what I thought of as well. It's basically a balance, Excalibur forms based on a yin/yang kind of connection and that's why Killian and Emma complete and balance it out.

Like was shown in the episode. Their love is true, that's why they were able to succeed where Arthur/Guinevere failed.

The bottom line however is there is an orphaned king and it's not Arthur. He did not restore the kingdom nor the sword, both are merely kept in an illusionary state by dark magic to appear whole. So the question is whom is the orphan king?

It could be Guinevere if we find out she was abandoned but that usually never happens in Arthurian legend so it's got to be someone else unless they twist it so she was abandoned. Guinevere could be the orphaned king much like Elizabeth Swan was the pirate king. However it all depends on the backstory.

This episode also paralleled Arthur and Killian as well. Which is why it makes me believe he's the orphaned king of the prophecy. Being the true owner of Excalibur would make him the rightful king of Camelot even if he won't actually go and rule and instead hand down the throne to Guinevere. It wouldn't change the prophecy.