View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Pink'sPUNKRocker
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by =KR=:

bri: what's a bacchus outfit? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img][/QB]
lol its ok. well just incase u dont know about mardi gras. in louisiana (i think in like 1 city in texas, and MAYBEMAYBEMAYBE ONE in Western Mississippi) we celebrate mardi gras BUT New ORleans is where it origionated and that is what New ORleans is famous for. they have about 30 something parades that are SO fun. and each one has a name and it is called a krewe. (crew) They always have a theme too. Since Elijah Wood was the King the theme of Bacchus was "Bacchus' Mystical Magical tour' and they just all dress up and have costumes. (They even had a float (float 19 to be exact) that was called 'Hobbits of the SHire' OH it was SO GOOD!!
The 'Krewe of Bacchus' is one of the 3 most popular and BIG parades. And Bacchus always has a King who is on the first float. and he is usually a big celebrity. They had Hnery Winkler (The Fonz) John Ritter, Nicolas Cage (who i heard was a huge jerk, he even refused to wear the traditional Bacchus outfit) And it is just a tradition to have these outfits that they wear. They have people design them and they are usually kinda gladiator type. (well thats what they look like to me. there is a reason why they look like that, but im not sure what its origin is). (but they do have alot of bands and other things marching in the parade, and they made sure to drive us CRAZY with about 3 bands before elijahs float came!)
So you saw Elijahs outfit up there (gives props to Wild Hobbit [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] )

I know u prolly arent worried about these past stars lol BUT its just to show you more of the Bacchus outfits.

Henry Winkler:

Dennis Quaid:

Tom Arnold:

The ASS that wouldnt go with Tradition Nicolas CAge

Drew Carey

The wonderful and talented John Ritter (God rest his soul):

and OF COUSRSE ELIJAH JORDAN WOOD!!! lol:

So there you go! but there are so many more including Bob Hope and Dick Clark but anyways. Just thought id show u what those outfits were all about lol

WE LOVE ELIJAH!!!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

btw- we are getting the mardi gras pics developed today and i will post them all!!!!!

[ 02-23-2004: Message edited Pink'sPUNKRocker ]