View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
I don't think anyone is really disputing the chemistry between Clarke and Bellamy...it's just that Clarke isn't really...emotional?? Sexy? Sassy? What is the word I'm looking for idk. For me, when you see romance in TV shows, romance comes into play so much. With her and Finn, she got a bit emo when Raven showed up. But even then she kept trying to turn it off and be a robot.

Raven and Octavia have great personalities and are even almost flirty in a way that only people could be on The 100...which is why I find them hot with their pairings. Clarke, love her, is always so serious (can't blame her) that it's hard to break out of that shell and be flirtatious with someone.

I'm half asleep and have no idea what I'm even saying tbh
I see what you're saying. For me, the chemistry that Clarke and Bellamy have is not romantic and I think it's better for the story and for the actors if they don't try to force it. I think it's gone too long and it would be weird now for them to rethink the relationship on new terms. And it would be a waste of a storyline, especially since Clarke is a total dud in romance. After last season, I really can't imagine her being warm again. When she had a few flirty, fun moments in the first season, it almost seems OOC compared to how she's been for the whole rest of the show. Like when you go back and watch her batting her eyes at Finn, it's just like, "Who even is that person? She's not a character on this show." They should focus her character on drama, leadership, hard decisions, etc. and let the supporting actresses carry the fluffy little romantic subplots because they're much better at it.