View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 05:20 PM
slbcwrites
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I'm willing to wait and see how the conversation actually goes before I say she's trying to justify it. She also said none of it meant anything without him.
I am interested in the context of what she is saying - "I put my career first" could be accurate to a point, but does she just think she got too wrapped up in her career and that's the problem, or does she realize that choosing to go out on the road and pursue her career instead of getting help for PPD is what made Avery leave her? Since her behavior continues for several more episodes, I am not sure that she grasps the real issue at hand. If she does, then apparently she just chooses not to address it for some reason going forward.

The sad thing in seeing the small clips of her conversation with Avery is that you can see that it's the same as it always was - she really loves him, as much as she is capable of loving another person, but she can't get herself right to make it work. In seeing the affection and remorse she shows toward Avery in the promo, one can only hope they show her having similar emotions toward her child, since we haven't seen any kind of love toward Cadence since the birth episode.