View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 02:23 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

We know Travis now has feelings for Bay, do we think Bay also has some sort of feelings for him? Would Bay act on them?

I don't think Bay has any romantic feelings for Travis yet, but I do believe she could allow herself to have them in the future. She cares about him. I also believe it would be easier for Bay to have romantic feelings for Travis, than it was for her to have them for Tank.

For some reason, I sense that Bay seems to want to date a man who is Deaf again.

My first love was in the Navy, and I remember being naive enough to think that those same feelings could be replicated by dating another sailor. But they couldn't.

Maybe Bay will try to do something similar, before she explores the world at large.

My first love had been this gentle, romantic artist and poet. He wasn't well-suited for the Navy. He loved the ocean, but the realities of going out to sea were difficult for him.

The next sailor I dated was not gentle. He was rough, crude, and smelled like cigarettes, cheap booze, and a whole bottle of Polo cologne.

For me, all it took was one kiss, and I knew my heart was still with my first love. But for Bay, I could see her exploring a long relationship with Travis. She could discover things about Travis, as a man, that she likes even better than Emmett.

If Bay does have a romantic relationship with Travis, I see her recognizing that Travis is better suited to her in some ways, and Emmett is better suited to her in other ways.

Bay will have a decision to make, if that is the case. Because we know Emmett will be interested in Bay again one day.

One thing that bothers me about Bay and Travis sleeping together is that, for the remainder of their lives, things will be uncomfortable between Travis and Emmett. I'm not saying that either man could not adjust to being the ultimate loser in the contest for Bay's love. Either one probably could adjust to that.

But for the remainder of their lives, at any family gathering, some awkwardness would exist.

As for Bay being quick to defend Travis in the bar, to me, it seemed more about Bay and Emmett, than Bay's feelings for Travis. All Bay said to Emmett was, "Don't talk to him like that," and that was in direct response to Emmett's order for Travis to stay away from Bay.

I think what Bay was really trying to do is to inform Emmett he couldn't control who she joined. I don't think Bay was trying to protect Travis yet. Her eyes are on Emmett the whole time.

Will he act on these feelings? Or will they remain friends?

I think Travis will fight his feelings for Bay until the season finale, and then, he will go for it. If we receive a Season 5, it could be a full season of exploring Travis & Bay's relationship with each other. The thought of that bores me. I just don't feel anything between Bay & Travis, and I feel so much between Bay & Emmett.

What would a future relationship for them be like? Would it be different than his relationship with Mary Beth?

I think they could have a mature relationship, too. Travis isn't superficial. He would be gentle with Bay. Plus, she is a good person. Bay would be good for Travis, too.

How do we feel about Travis not telling Bay about Emmett's relationship and knowing she was using him at the bar but still going along with it?

I don't have any problems with that. Honesty is overrated in my opinion. Kindness is a far more important value to me. And if you can't let someone you care about use you from time to time, what's the point?

I don't think Travis will ever allow himself to be a doormat for Bay. And I don't think Bay will use Travis as one. I see him as more of her co-conspirator. She needs one after all she has been through with Emmett.

So, thoughts? Feelings? Think I'm completely crazy? Hate them as a couple and only want them to remain friends forever? Let's talk about it all!

I've been suspecting a Bay & Travis romantic relationship since we saw Bay talking to Travis in the bar, in To Repel Ghosts.

I don't hate them as a couple. It's nice that I believe they will both be gentle with each other. It's nice that I believe they could both be good for each other, at this point in their lives. Travis could be the second great love of Bay's life, if the writers want to take it there.

It will make things awkward between Travis and Emmett, for the remainder of their lives, though, if it happens.

I don't need Bay & Travis to remain friends. I don't care what they are to each other, really. I don't want to see Bay & Travis interact as friends or as lovers. I don't care for their chemistry together.

For me, watching Bay & Travis is a cerebral activity. I take in what is happening and process it. The story may or may not be stimulating on an intellectual level. But I feel nothing.

And I feel everything with Bay & Emmett, so for me, it is a shame that I do not get to see more of their interaction, especially with the series likely nearing its end in the next year or two.