View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Butterfly85
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
They were necessary; the Couple Wars were sooo bad. Part of the reason I stopped posting here and began posting on I Hate Jen! was because FF had to become strict about the rules and keeping it a PG-13 board otherwise eventually no one would want to post. People hated the characters, the actors, the writers, each other. Every. Little. Thing turned into a huge fight. Someone could start a thread as neutral as asking what was one's favorite song and it turned into a shipper war. I was guilty of it too. I needed to vent and I needed to be able to use R-rated terminology to rip characters, actors, and other posters to shreds, so I found IHJ to be a breath of snarky air. Not to mention it was notoriously anti-Dawson.

I think now, after the show is ended, maybe D/Jers fans still need these anti-threads but P/J fans really don't. They're anti-P/J, anti-Season 3, anti-Season 6; they're delusional about the fact that season 3 revived a slagging show, and that it was Kevin Williamson's choice, and his alone, to have Joey pick Pacey. They need it more than we do. Being that Joey picked Pacey we're certainly not as bitter as they are. Dawson is a loser and a horrible friend and his and Joey's relationship was co-dependent and unhealthy but repeating it over and over seems unnecessary because Joey didn't want him anyway. I would only want to post after one of the episodes he's acting like a whining little brat, but I'm comforted by the fact that he ends up alone with his ego to keep him company.
That's suprising since this place seems pretty together, but I've only been here for a year lol. Then again I can see it. It's like Scandal, you should see how PSYCHOTIC some (Olitz) fans are, especially towards anyone that likes Jake or Olake (and they remind me of Pacey/Joey) I don't get why some act so insane over a fictional show, couples, and characters.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote