View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 04:58 AM
winterbird
Master Fan

I always thought that Morning Glory was a movie that we, as fans, love and no one else did but I think it's so nice to see these social media shout-outs for the movie.

I agree with you guys. I like what a journalist said to Rachel at one point, I think it was during the About Time press, that Rachel picks the 'good ones'. I have to agree because I think that she truly does. You have other actresses, who are probably considered more "a-list", who have done some - in my eyes - questionable ones. But if you look at Rachel's more main strain, romantic comedy/drama kind of movies, then she was part of so many good ones. Morning Glory is one, but I also think the US audience overlooked About Time in theaters and I can go on.

I like that you mention the Forbes article, because I do think in general there are not many 'good ones' available so it might also be related to the lack of good scripts etc.

I find the timing of these recent mentions also interesting, because I feel like with the year Rachel is having she's on everybody's mind and I think, most of the time in a good way. Like these tweets, people giving her overlooked projects a nice mention. It just makes me happy to see that