View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 02:34 PM
aeverett
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
One thing that's also worth keeping in mind is that, while mistakes have been made in the past on both sides, the characters are finally in a good place. Whether they like it or not, they are part of one big, dysfunctional family and that's not going to change anymore. But for the most part the Charming-Swan-Mills clan seems to have embraced that and they're focusing on the positive aspects of it instead of fighting each other every step of the way. Family and hope are two of the core themes of ONCE and this story is very reflective of that, I believe.
Accepting something because you can't change it doesn't make it right, fair, or just. It just makes it the way things are. Remember, it was the injustices that Regina suffered in regards to Henry that made her willing to turn to Cora for help in Season 2. When Pan first got Henry's heart and Emma tried to sugarcoat Regina's pain, Regina showed just how hurt she still was. Regina has walked over hot coals for that child, but she still has to share what in a just world would be hers in whole, the right to raise her child on her own. She may accept it, but it's like the Author said, she gets screwed over a lot. This is just one example.

As for Robin and Zelena, I hate both aspects of the show. Both characters had potential but they were badly handled. Robin's a wuss who brings nothing new to Regina's life and Zelena is nuts and serves no purpose than to continue to screw Regina over. That is my opinion. Everyone is entitled.