View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 12:45 PM
kenni727
Passionate Fan

Ok, the stories of your offices are making me think mine isn't too bad. Which it really isn't, hygiene wise. I just have the one coworker whose body wash or lotion makes me gag. Our office is small - like there's about 10 of us. And so few even take lunch in the office. Our kitchen area is a joke really.

But people around here are idiots in other ways. And, as my supervisor says, makes she and I stabby. I have to send out a lot of emails thoughout the day on behalf of my coworkers. For a while there I was getting SO many mailer daemons. Was driving me nuts! I keep telling these people to verify, but do they? Hardly. Like this one, she had me sending it to the domain txftate.edu. Seemed odd to me, but I sent it as she had written it down. I got a mailer daemon. So she called the guy back to verify the email. She gave it back to me but with the same domain. So I tried again and the same result - mailer daemon. Finally, she managed to get that it's txstate.edu. As in the school Texas State University. She tells me how difficult 'f' and 's' can be to differentiate over the phone. She's right, those are difficult and so one must VERIFY. She said she did. I asked if she did with "f as in frank or s as in sam" or some such like it. She hadn't done that but had simply repeated the letters several times. That doesn't do any good when you've already acknowledged the two letters sound the same! So I told her she needs to verify with "f as in frank or s as in sam." That was met with a blank stare. Besides, with the domain ending in edu stands to reason it's a school. And TX state makes a whole lot more sense than TX ftate! Use your brain! Oh, she makes me stabby! (This is the woman whose smell bugs me, btw)

Okay, rant over. I'm just loosing patience with stupid people.