View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 09:57 AM
collide into you
Fan Forum Hero

From an interview with JP:

Quote:
Looking at Containment, the pilot features a time jump to what's coming up in the show's world. Will the first season encompass the amount of time set up in the pilot?

We go beyond that, actually. We hit where we start in the pilot by episode nine this season, and then there's still another four [episodes] to go beyond that. We'll take it a little bit further and see the fallout of that horrific event, and where everybody lands.

Limited/event series are very big in the TV world right now. Do you see Containment being a shorter run show?

I see it running as long as it can sustain itself. I can see it taking on various forms over [the show's length]. I don't think it has to remain contained to that containment. The 100-episode marker is such an enigma these days, because it doesn't really matter any more. I know it matters to a lot of people on the money side. It matters less to the people on the network side. It's whoever is bossiest about the number of episodes they want made. I haven't done in years a limited order show. It is so much fun. It is a dream come true. So I'd be happy to keep doing it on the small side for a while.

If it gets a season two, are you hoping to keep it at 13 episodes per season?

Truth be told, I'd probably do two little eight-episode chapters of 16 [hours per season]. I do think you can handle a 16-episode season very easily if you can break them into two pieces, like they do on The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad. The difference is not waiting a year and a half between eight episodes like cable does, and get them all done in the same year. But who knows? I'm open to anything as long as I have time and the desire to do it. Right now that show is really exciting to me.
x