View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Wayward Melody
Fan Forum Hero

Aurora
Aurora wasn’t impressed with CJ’s proof of sobriety, but she said nothing. Having known the appeal of being functionally alcoholic, she knew a multitude of ways to fool both cops and peers when it came to appearing upstanding. There was the contact lens solution to clear the eyes of red, and the rise and repeat procedure before the mints to clear the breath, the hyperventilation to sober up quickly while refusing to be tested by the cops until they hauled you into the station, she knew a lot. In fact Aurora knew a lot about appearances in general much to her ever changing glee and chagrin. Her mouth twisted in a considering expression.

“I could help you, you know,” she said, finally. “I mean it really is putting me out,” she continued with feigned annoyance. “But I’m nothing if not the best friend any semi-closeted gay man could ever have. I mean, I’ll take one for the team in procuring you some help in the romantic department. “She shrugged, grasping his wrist and pulling him through a throng of people without adding any more about the situation she’d inadvertently brought to conversation. The sentiment of helpfulness sat oddly upon Aurora’s thin shoulders, and so as not to become overwhelmed she’d not speak about it again unless the topic was broached by CJ himself. “You’re lagging again, kitten. Try to keep up!”