View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 09:11 PM
TL22
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel25 (View Post)
Aww, so sweet. I have seen that before but not the pictures where he's pointing at it like that.

I totally understand why it bothered him. The writers basically admitted later that they just wanted to get rid of her character and the Pandie story. I still wish they would have taken their time to break them up and I think the actors felt the same way about it since they were throwing their whole season 2 work away in one sloppy episode.
By the end of season three Meredith Monroe was becoming very popular, commercials, magazine covers, interviews etc. In other words she was becoming a rival of Katie Holmes who the network was promoting as the next IT girl.

So an actress who was most likely on a two year contract and was a better actor and quite a bit better looking (When they did not dress her as Andie) had to go.

Meredith whens he was asked to come back for the last two episodes had a stipulation. No more pigtails, no more preppy dresses etc, and if you have ever seen the cut scene, she looked gorgeous.

One of the things they do on the various message boards is saying who Meredith Monroe looks like. Claire Danes, Chyler Leigh, and Sienna Guilroy are the most popular and realistic choices. I came across these two pictures on Getty Images and I found them interesting.

Chyler Leigh and her husband Nathan West

Meredith Monroe and her husband Steve Kavovit

Kind of uncanny.

Last edited by falling slowly; 08-07-2015 at 01:36 AM Reason: Merging double posts