View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 12:17 AM
MegaJ
Extreme Fan

Wow, this was a pretty "adult" episode with the A-Plot. Getting high and having sex and then what happens in the end? Man, Degrassi can still go there.

Semma 2.0 are cute together. And it was interesting focusing on Zig's POV about losing his virginity in "the right way" as opposed to Maya and feeling like he "defiled" her. I'm glad they both came around and realized their feelings for one another. I'm sure the fandom will have their usual freakout about Maya and start calling her a **** and whatever, but unlike Emma and Clare, she's never been a 100% ingenue, further solidified with Cam's suicide darkening her character. I also liked Vince here; he's a villain but these little moments of him taking care of Zig and his issues keeps him from being the cartoon villain he was back in season 11. No one is 100% bad all the time.

I loved Clare's plot and how it was a throwback to her standing up to Shep back in season 8. I get her side and Pill shouldn't have forced her to bring up the miscarriage thing. But still...girl. Clare. It's a school...it's a public place. There's no expectation of privacy unless you're in the bathroom or lockers. But again, IDK. I'm not sure just how much privacy teenagers can demand, especially after Degrassi Nudes. Her righteousness this time isn't the product of standing up for Connor and the "freaks" of the school, but her wildly spinning out of control with the miscarriage, Eli back in her life and an unclear future. Can't wait to see what happens.

Frankston plot was meh. I would've liked the parallel with her mother to have been more subtle.