View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 06:14 PM
R&Tislove
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Mockingjay - Part 1 officially tops 2014 domestic box office

Following in the steps of its predecessor, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Mockingjay - Part 1 surpasses Guardians of the Galaxy to top the domestic box office for 2014. (Ticket sales for the film in 2015 go towards its 2014 gross, otherwise films released later in the year would have an unfair disadvantage as far as records go.)

When Catching Fire topped the domestic box office in 2013, beating out Iron Man 3, it was the first film in 40 years with a solo female lead to do so, the previous being The Exorcist in 1973. With Mockingjay - Part 1 repeating that record, The Hunger Games is the first film franchise to consecutively top the yearly domestic box office, and it is the first time in history that female-led films have achieved that title two years in a row.
We've had the top U.S. film 2 years in a row! The first time a franchise (not to mention female-led films) has ever achieved that! This final movie will have some very tough competition this year, but never say never about making it 3!

Last edited by R&Tislove; 07-26-2015 at 06:19 PM