View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 06:41 AM
obisgirl
Master Fan

Yvette Nicole Brown Explains How to Moderate a Comic-Con Panel (and Why She's So Good at It)

Quote:
This is the second year in a row you’ll be moderating the Once Upon A Time panel. How did this gig happen?

First I should say, my degree is in journalism. I thought I would be a television reporter or something in journalism as a kid, but that is not my field, so hats off to all of you that do it. It is not easy formulating the questions and doing the research and all that it takes to give the fans a great hour of content. I respect those that do this as a profession and I’m honored that I get to do it for an hour once a year.

It came to be because I’m such a fan girl of Once Upon a Time. I’ve been live-tweeting the show since the beginning. I’ve become friends with some of the creators of the show and some of the writers through the years. They’ve been kind enough to let me be Goldilocks in one of the DVD extras and I was the voice of Ursula the Goddess statue one season. I think their original moderator maybe fell out last year and they were like, “Yvette loves the show, maybe she’d love to come and be the ring leader.” I’m just overjoyed they asked me back again this year.

Are there any questions from this season of Once Upon a Time you’re itching to ask the producers and stars?

I’ve got a couple of gems but I want to save them for the panel. Once Upon a Time is a show about true loves and soul mates and consequences to bad behavior and what does it mean to be hero. What does it mean to be a villain? And if you’re originally a villain, can you rehabilitate yourself? There are so many life lessons in this show. Things that pertain to the heart. I want to get to the marrow of the bone and find out what certain things mean.