View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM
thekalindashow
New Fan

Quote:
... the problem is not that Archie left or the "lack of AK scenes", it's the fact that someone like JM would use her position to get another actor in the doghouse, probably hoping she'd quit, and that the producers' arms were twisted to make it happen. Not only is it wrong on so many levels, humanly, but it also impacted the show for the worse over the years until everything was tainted from it.

I actually find this part the cruelest, that Archie was obviously afforded no option to truncate the term of her contract (she couldn't quit without breaching her contract and risking suit, reputation, future work), instead forced to fulfill the entire 6 year term even though the lead/producer didn't want her there and made it her mission to exclude her, i.e. entire episodes played with all guest cast, Paley 2015, more.

At this point, I'm believing that this cruelty was meted out by JM and her exec cronies at CBS, over the Kings' heads. I think the Kings' were (and are) out of their depth to manage their temperamental, egotistical, powerful star and I bet two things. They're not having much fun anymore, and they're grieving the loss of probably the most universally loved, iconic character they will ever create. (Of course, the end product "Kalinda" was the magical collaboration of the Kings' initial genius concept and Archie's genius as she breathed life and mystery into her.) As wonderful as the Kalinda character was, imagine how much more she could have and should have been. Ahhh, the potential, unrealized, for no noble reason. So sad.

I noticed the episode after Kalinda said "goodbye", had a series low rating. Karma, JM? Have you played Russian roulette with your franchise$$? I won't be watching season 7 episodes, but I may check out the ratings, just to see if the universe will mete out poetic justice for poor behavior.

Last edited by thekalindashow; 06-30-2015 at 04:23 AM