View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 02:54 PM
CosimasWeed
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
LOL I'm not sure I like the scene as a whole. I appreciate the kiss. I appreciate Delphine's pained expression, as if she didn't have any intention of turning up to kiss Cosima, which would make leaving so much harder, but she couldn't stop herself anyway. She looks so conflicted with all those breathy noises and the lip bite, like damn, she's trying to fight the feeling but she can't. I appreciate all of that. What I do not appreciate is Cosima. As you said her part in this moment was disappointing, and it's not something I think was written with the characters in mind first but written with the need to get Delphine to leave by herself and to leave Cosima in a place where the writers can justify saying Cosima is ready to move on straight away next season, otherwise she would have done more than just apologise. I even would have liked it if she had initiated the kiss then this relationship would have at least felt not so one sided by the end.

Whoops I'm sorry! You know there's an even worse one on tumblr paralleling their first meeting with this final scene. It's so crushing that I burst into tears just looking at it. It was just the imagery of seeing how they both started out to where they are now. Thinking about how much they've both been through to get to this point and to know that it was all in vain. They don't win this game. They suffered for nothing. They fought for nothing, there's no reward, there's no hope. Legit I burst into tears. I'm on the verge right now just thinking about it.

She probably just meant they don't stop loving each other. I still don't think EBro fooled us. She was trying to give us some hope where there was none and she acted the **** out of what she had to do, and I love her for that. I can't be anything but grateful for having been able to see her be in this role.

I sincerely hope it's that no one has heard. If I was the shooter I'd have probably moved Delphine's body, they don't want the police snooping about investigating so it'll have been covered up by neolution. I just hope they haven't taken her body for ****ed up experiments......
Oh, don't apologize for the gifs! I'm the one hanging out on boards where I'm likely to see them. It's just that EBro so beatuifully and painfully etched "goodbye love of my life" all over her face that it rips me in two when I see it. Her saying, "What will happen to her?" also breaks me. The empathy and warmth she put into her final scenes was just so perfect. Too perfect for my old, wounded heart, it seems.

And I'm not blaming EBro for her statements AT ALL. None of this is on her.