View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 09:46 PM
CityGal
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Maybe that's exactly it! Maybe it will turn out that the main characters already have the power to defeat the darkness once and for all. After all they've been through they are a pretty incredible team with A LOT of magic and magical knowledge.

The characters having the power to save the day all along is actually something pretty typical for this show if you think about how most of the seasons/arcs have ended.

The Apprentice said only Merlin could destroy the darkness, but I'm not so sure. Merlin already faced the darkness and the best he could do was tether it to an individual and have that darkness pass on from person to person for centuries causing horrifying destruction. If Merlin could have really destroyed the darkness I think he would have.

I think all the mains, especially Emma, are going to have a hand in destroying the darkness if that's how 5A ends.
Agree that the story screams team solution from the mains and can't imagine it any less. The 100th episode of OUAT will either be 5.11 (winter finale) or 5.12 (spring premiere) so destroying the Dark One forever would be quite an epic feature for show's 100th episode.

For the show to place it's lead protagonist as the new Dark One and end after only 11 episodes seems too short. I could see it last for the entirety of season 5 at least as well as Rumpel's status - whatever that will be.

The story has amazing potential for so many of the characters, and hopefully the writers don't muck it up.