View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 12:19 PM
LWS53
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
That's nice for your SIL, but not very nice for the family she has cut off, but then if her husband has refused to speak English, maybe he's controlling enough not to allow her speak it either. It's a shame and unfortunate for her kids as well from both a family and learning aspect.

My father was the oldest of 13 and they all were born in the French Province of Quebec; however, were brought up bilingual. My parents tried to get us in French schools when we were young, but there was limited space, so the criteria was that both parents had to be French to get in. C'est la vie.

On another note, you may notice that I am slow at posting, well that is because I'm typing with one hand (my left) and soaking my other in sea water to help try an heal it from a reaction I had from something. Typing with the opposite hand is harder than I thought.
Have you had an insect bite? Sometimes you don't notice at the time then later you get the reaction. Have you taken any anti-histamine tablets? I always have some handy, just in case.

I learned to type at school so can use both hand equally badly. Luckily my computer underlines it in red if I make a typing mistake.

My SIL was very attached to her dad but not so with her mum. I don't think she could cope with the thought of her mother having dementia and having to go into a home so she just opted out. She was always the favourite and spoiled, whereas my husband was the practical one.