View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 03:20 PM
reveilles
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
I do admire the fanfic writers, I'd love to be able to write something, but like you Lindsay I never seem to have enough hours in the day. I used to love making up stories at school, English was my best subject, so I'm sure the creative juices are still in me somewhere.
I'm sure they are! Everyone has stories to tell. The next time you have a "what if?" or a "WTH?!" or a "why not...?" reaction to something on the show, see if you can turn it into a story! Even short ones are very welcome. I'd be willing to beta for you if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That was fun, and I got a 98%. I forgot that the American lady's maid went by "Ms Reed". But at least I knew she was Martha Levinson's lady's maid in S3E1. Hearing the American accent belowstairs was so grating on my ears, after all those all-British casts! Somehow, though, Shirley MacLaine has an American accent but sails around the screen with such panache that she fits right in, even with Dame Maggie Smith there to out-British everyone.

I just watched the S4CS and Paul Giamatti was such a perfect fish-out-of-water. A magnificent actor, but he had so much to work with, being an American who is shorter and less-stunning-model than most of the rest of them. It was so odd to see him on DA, because I think of the show as "elegant" and Giamatti has never struck me as "elegant", LOL. It was genius casting.

I thoroughly enjoyed S4, but then I came to it with pretty low expectations and it made me laugh so many times. Nothing much actually happened, aside from Edith's plot developments, but it was a fun escape. It was a different experience from watching S1-S3, when I was really invested in Mary / Matthew and somewhat invested in Sybil / Tom. At this point, the show has become an amusing diversion, with Violet / Isobel providing some of the highlights. I'm shipping Isobel / Lord Merton and Molesley / Baxter, but not Tom / Ms Bunting (she's a rather obtuse, pushy sort, even if she's amiable and intelligent). I'm looking forward to the Mrs Hughes / Carson development in S5, and dreading the Mary / Who-Cares and Cora / that Egyptologist dude. I really liked Robert in S1-S2, but he became a rather forced antagonist in S3, a mostly useless appendage in S4, and I'm dreading buffoonery in S5.

But I'm having fun.