View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:00 AM
icygrace
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
Makes sense!
His hands didn't look burnt either did they?...I could see the writers going in this direction because it's easier than trying to find someone to break and spell, AND Bash would die if it meant Delphine would be gone...so perhaps someone else *nosty please* downs Delphine while Bash trashes around feeling like he is dying.
I think the ease of it something the writers would like

But putting in something I took off a previous post: I would have thought Delphine would try to kill Kenna and steal the baby after it is born, but show logistics don't really allow for that. So perhaps she kidnaps Kenna before Kenna can get on her ship, planning to keep her hidden until she gives birth (since she's heading to Sweden and no one will miss her - not that Delphine knows that, unless Bash knows that and Delphine can read his mind in addition to randomly mind-raping him?) and then kill her and steal the baby. But then she is caught by Bash and the soldiers at the ports?

(Because why else would you keep Kenna hanging around at a port city rather than having her get on the ship and hustle her out of the castle so quickly? )

And perhaps Bash THINKS he will die if he kills Delphine/allows her to be killed, but because he still loves Kenna (even though he's so hurt and angry) and Kenna is in danger, he's willing to do it? And now getting into totally maudlin territory, but perhaps the willingness to make that sacrifice breaks the binding spell somehow?

It would also play into the stuff Kenna talked about with Lola ("You know, he wouldn't spend a moment at home with me, yet he would happily die for a stranger, if it were for a noble cause.") and Renaude ("These things, they provide a level of protection and I won't apologize for assuring my spot above the fray. You're disappointed. A lady likes to think the protectors of the realm are all willing to sacrifice themselves for . . ." "A lofty cause which has nothing to do with them or the people they care about. No. I understand the need for protection. More so than most."). Renaude turned traitor specifically for his son. And then Kenna can't really say it's just about dying for a noble cause if Bash is doing it for her, can she?

In this case, I might be OK with Kennash getting Frary-ed. #kennashtrash #iregretnothing #iamahypocritethough #sueme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
I hope the writers lurk these boards and see what we would like. .
We need to start writing VERY HAPPY spec.

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.

Last edited by icygrace; 05-20-2015 at 09:13 AM
icygrace is offline   Reply With Quote