View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Telepath
Obsessed Fan

No, I mean it makes absolutely zero sense.

Quote:
TVLINE | With Nina Dobrev leaving the show, and Jo bleeding out at her own wedding, Stefan and Caroline are the only couple you guys have left. Does that add pressure on you guys to keep them together?
Well, without spoiling too much, theirs is a relationship that I’ve personally been rooting for for a very long time. I love the idea of trying to explore if a show can be good when its main couple is happy. Often, you need conflict and hurdles and obstacles to keep a show spicy and exciting, so we’ll see what next year brings.
It is absolutely obvious that she is talking about S/C. Why would she refer to Bamon as "the show's main couple"? It is a non-existent couple at the moment. How could they write them as "happy" when Damon's girlfriend has just died and he seems to be spinning off the rails? So you'd have to assume that Julie answered a question about Steroline by talking about Bamon in one sentence and then shifting to S/C in the next without a hitch, or that the editor of the piece is just intentionally misquoting her or putting the quotes deliberately out of context, when in fact her statement is perfectly sane and makes sense as written.

I'm sorry but I call it as I see it, and that line of reasoning is just contrived.