View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Eternityroad
New Fan

Quote:
The show has never been at a worse state than it is now which is really weird considering that I said the exact opposite about the first 4 episodes of this season.
Would it be fair to say the show has officially Jumped The Shark? It is tough to keep successful shows fresh. That they did so with such programs as CSI and Law And Order SVU is something of a miracle. That TGW has made a go of it this far with the change-ups is laudatory. The old Law And Order original had a long run of it by remaining, on the whole, plot-driven rather than getting to deeply into the personal lives of the attny's/detectives. I don't recall anything about Jack McCoy's personal life. The old Perry Mason series from back in the day never, as I recall, went into the characters lives. Did Della Street have an affair with Perry? lol! I don't think the viewers cared. They did good legal/courtroom episodes. I am not saying TGW should not be character driven. Just saying that a greater focus on cases MAY be in order at this point in time. Personally I would like to see them bring back the Martha Plimpton character. Plimpton is such a fine comedic actress. Too bad about Elizabeth Tascioni. I enjoyed her character, also. I wouldn't mind seeing small runs of fine performers in future episodes. Like they did with David Hyde-Pierce and Nathan Lane.