View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Eternityroad
New Fan

TY for the Blog recommend. It included comments from TV critic Daniel Feinberg and this one nails it, whether or not we know the particulars of the so-called AP/JM "feud":

Quote:
You have allowed a petty conflict between your leading lady and your Emmy-winning co-star to dictate the way you’ve told stories for a year and a half.

And that’s on you. You can either play peacemaker, or you could have killed Kalinda off a year and a half ago. Or instead of peacemaker, you could have sat these two actresses down and said, ‘Excuse me, you’re freaking professionals, I’m writing scenes for you because that is what this show requires. Sit down, act, be professionals. I don’t care if you hang out after the show, this show needs your two characters to be interacting.’ Or you can do what they did, which is pretend that it isn’t happening, pretend that it isn’t happening, and then pretend we’re supposed to care after they did that.

I think they sacrificed drama for petty bickering between two stars who really should be grown-ups. And apparently they’re not. I don’t know a darn thing about what happened between them, but I do know that lots of people in lots of different jobs hate each other and don’t like spending time together. But sometimes you have to because that’s what the money’s for. It’s your job.