View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 09:09 PM
lis7
Part-Time Fan

James Marsden did an interview with Vulture and this was what he had to say about The Notebook:

Quote:
I watched The Notebook for the very first time last year, and I knew that you were playing the obstacle in this love story between Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, but I actually found myself sympathizing with your character.
It’s a very polarizing movie with regards to my character.

Do you have people coming up to you saying, “I would have stayed with you”?
Yes, I hear people say that. Then I also have people coming up and going like, “Ugh!” They’re just disgusted by me. Like, “How dare you get involved with their love? You are the as***** in that movie.” I’m like, “How is he an as*****?”

He was perfect! Team Marsden!
He was a great guy.

He even relinquished her. He was like, “Go do what you need to do.”
“Go figure yourself out, because I’m in for the long haul.” You know, Ryan and Rachel were so tremendous in that movie, and that was such a rare chemistry that they had. When you see that movie and you’re a young teenager, it’s real. Those people really are in love — in fact, they dated after the movie. So anything that’s going to get in their way is bad or evil, right? It’s just funny how people carry it with them, like in real life when they say, “Oh, you’re the jerk in The Notebook!”

I’m sure you can tell who those people are right away when they’re coming up to you.
Oh, yeah. Some people are like, “I can’t even look at you.” They’re mad at me, James Marsden! [Laughs.]

James Marsden on D Train and Angry Notebook Fans -- Vulture