View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Chiqa
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouchPotato23 (View Post)
I always saw that scene in the pilot more as establishing how he doesn't want Iris around police business and that he's the sole reason she never became a cop, like she wanted.
Like Joe's always been a hard ass but his scenes with Barry show that his overprotectiveness come from a place of love. There is a balance between his demands on Barry and showing how he comforts Barry that we never really see with him and Iris. With Iris it's all about control.

It's just really disappointing to me, because I think they do such a great job with Joe/Barry and Henry/Barry it would be really nice to show the same love/support between a single dad and his daughter.

Yeah, I might me jumping the gun a little in assuming Iris' mom stuff next season will have a big emotional impact on their relationship... but i'm still gonna hold on to hope lol
Truthfully, I think it's a side effect of their lack of investment in her storyline. I think Iris suffers from being the love interest so they think the bulk of her story should be about that. It's difficult to talk about her romantic life with her father and the only struggle they gave her in the last few episodes was the paper not taking her seriously and those moments were delegated to Barry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Why would anyone believe that though? I mean, the writers basically told us that she's still with Eddie and not Barry because she's suppressing her feelings for Barry. I think it's pretty clear that this will be reason they eventually break up.
Believe what? Didn't you just say that she's with him because she loves him?

I don't want to bring in her tidal wave love into this now. lol. We can save that for another day. What the writers have shown us is that she loves Eddie and even Candice says time after time that Iris loves Eddie. She acts like she loves him so she loves him. They haven't said that she only loves him because of her untapped, subconscious feelings. I believe she loves him for himself. If anything, she loves him regardless of whatever feelings she might not know she has for other characters.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 04-23-2015 at 02:17 PM