View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Kendra Luehr
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Greene (View Post)
Yeah, it's pretty awful, Breaking Bad fandom too, at least the Hannibal fandom isn't mysoginistic, they hate a few characters like Alana and Abigail (and considering the writing ain't good for them I get it, I wouldn't flat out call it mysoginy) but the others rarely get hate.
Nope, where did you hear that?
I remember the horror stories about BB since you said people really hated Skyler. :/ And I wouldn't really say I get it. I mean, it's clear to me Alana and Abigail are only hated because they're close to the "hot leading dudes." That's always a recipe for hate, which is bullsh&t. I saw a great post the other day calling women out on claiming to be feminists/supportive of women's rights, and then they're the first to hate on female characters and rip them apart. IT'S SO TRUE. But back to Alana and Abigail, even though the writing's terrible, that isn't really a reason to hate them. If anything, it's just a recipe for being indifferent since if a character isn't developed, there's nothing there to really love OR hate. That's how I feel about Alana. Caroline's a great actress, but I'm indifferent to the character because of the writing. Abigail had a little more development, but I'm guessing that's because she was important to the leading men, cuz as we all know, that's pretty much the only way anyone's getting any attention on this show. And to be fair, we don't know much about Will or Hannibal, either. They're just considered well-developed since they're featured in every episode. And cuz women think they're hot. -.-

It's circulating around on Tumblr. A few people were freaking out about it (in a good way), but I didn't "like" the link to reference back to. I assumed you girls had already heard, so that's why I didn't bother, oops. I'm sure if you google it you can find it. Wait. *searches* Here it is! :3

revealed invincible : “We have this great lesbian sex scene in the third...

Stalk me:
My YouTube My Tumblr My AO3 My FanFiction.Net My Author Instagram