View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:37 PM
A_shiningstar
Master Fan

I enjoyed tonight's episode! I have strangely found myself having more sympathy for Geillis on the show than I did when I was reading the books. Or maybe I did feel some sympathy for her at this point...it was awhile ago since I read this part and so much has happened in the "Outlander" universe since I read the first book back in the fall. She is a very dynamic character though...so unique. If my recollection is correct things unfolding a bit differently then I remembered.

-I remember it seeming like a much closer call with being burned at the stake for Claire.
-And I don't really recall Geillis and Claire having a talk after Ned told them he could only save one of them, and it would be Claire. I don't recall Geillis saying "Why are you here?!" and clearly meaning why are you here in this time...not just why are you in Scotland.
-Someone may need to refresh my memory or maybe I could find it in the book. I do not recall Geillis helping to "save" Claire by saying that Claire wasn't a witch, but she was and showing the "mark of the devil" I though Claire saw the mark, but not that Geillis actually drew attention to it.
-Then there is the 1968 little bit. That isn't supposed to happen until later...and it was supposed to be Dougal that delivered that message to Claire saying "1.9.6.8" I'm correct about that right??

I do like the changes that were made. All of the people on this show are so great!

I just loved Ned! He's really a good lawyer but clearly, the people had already condemned them. He tried his best!

And Jamie...he believed her! He believed Claire when she said the craziest of all crazies - That she was from the future! He didn't seem to "alarmed" by it..."mildly" surprised is how I'd characterize his expression in that exact moment.
And then he took her to the stones!!! Because he loved her so, and he didn't want to keep her from her own time! He walked away...went back to camp, and probably cried himself to sleep. Bless him! When she woke him I saw tears on his cheek!! She chose him!!!