View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:33 AM
lavitaebella
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm so glad you've joined our discussions here!

You have helped me figure out my thoughts. I've really struggled with all of these conflicting feelings after Season 4A. It was such a tough season to get through emotionally.

Thank you!
Aw, I'm so glad I joined the discussions here! Even though we disagree about a lot of things, it's so nice talking to you and everyone else on here!

Quote:
I just never thought Bay really wanted to go to LA with Emmett. To me, if she did want to go, nothing would have stopped her.

All along, I believe Bay expected her parents or her financial situation would keep her in KC. Then, when neither of those things stopped her from going, Bay quickly found another way to postpone the move (Daphne).
See, looking back at the season now, I agree with you 100%.

But when the episodes were actually airing, I thought for sure she was going to go with Emmett.

Quote:
I do wonder why Bay pushed Emmett so hard to go to LA, even before she made the decision to join him. Maybe it is just because she thought it would be a good fit for him.
I think she pushed him to go because she knew it would be a good fit for him. I can see it being a good thing, him going to LA.

Quote:
I don't think Bay was really happy with their relationship the second time. She definitely took Emmett for granted and treated their connection rather cavalierly. Perhaps Emmett made the mistake of being at Bay's beck and call for so long that she failed to properly appreciate him. That would be understandable, with the way he made himself subservient to her, after his cheating.
Yeah, I agree with this. I'm going to ignore the whole cheating thing for a second; it seemed like they had a much better connection way back in the first season with the art and stuff.

Quote:
I do find it interesting that in the opening episode of Season 3B, Bay told Daphne, "Tank and I never really clicked like that. I kept trying to make it work, and it never did."

So on some level, Bay has to understand that a person can try and try and try to make a relationship work, and sometimes, two people just don't click.

To me, that's what Emmett was saying to Bay on the beach. He was saying that they have been trying to make it work for the last year, and they just haven't been clicking.
That's an interesting way to look at it. I never thought about it like that. I do agree that they hadn't been clicking for the last year. I don't think a relationship is easy 100% of the time, but if you have to force it, that's not good.

Quote:
Society does not let intoxicated people off the hook for any other choices that they make while drunk, so I do not understand why society would absolve people for this choice. But over the course of human history, there have been many bad laws written. It shouldn't surprise me. If you believe the law is a good one, then we will just have to agree to disagree.
This is something I've never really thought about, how society doesn't let people off the hook for other things they may do while drunk. I do think the law is good, because I took that class and have watched way too SVU.

Quote:
You shared how you feel about Bay and Tank's sexual encounter, but how do you feel about my other questions?
So how do you feel about Bay cheating on Tank with Emmett?

And how do you feel about Bay emotionally cheating on Emmett with Tank (going to dinner with him and his dad, sharing information about her aneurysm, telling Tank about her relationship problems with Emmett, letting Tank comfort her by sitting on his lap, asking Tank to look at the stars on the ceiling with her, while she was in bed, etc.)?
Oh, my mistake, I misread that first one the first time!

I don't think Bay should have cheated on Tank with Emmett, it was so wrong. I know she didn't go to meet him in the field and plan to have sex, but it's still wrong. IMO, she should have stopped it, broke up with Tank, then slept with Emmett. I like that she felt guilty for cheating on Tank with Emmett, I felt like he was all "we're meant to be" and stuff, and that doesn't fly.

I personally put physically cheating on someone above emotionally cheating. But I also think what she did with Tank is wrong, sharing all the information like that. Her and Emmett hadn't been getting along for awhile, and I'm sure she thought of Tank as a friend and friends tell each other things. But Tank is her ex, one who still had feelings for her. I think the whole bed and stars thing could be attributed to her drinking, I don't see that scene happening if she were sober. Did Tank comforting her while she's in his lap happen at the party, too?

If Bay had been talking to someone who wasn't her ex, say Daphne, would you still see it as emotionally cheating on Emmett?