View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 08:06 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
I for one think Tank was owed something from Bay. She kept pushing him to leave his frat to do things that he didn't really want to..because she wanted him to. So he did it. He made those sacrifices only for her to say...yeah I'm dumping you.
We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

If I sacrifice something for someone I love, I do not do it under the condition that my love now owes me something. My sacrifice means nothing, if it has strings attached.

I am a firm believer that these decisions must have a risk involved. Love is a gamble, not a guarantee. We cannot buy love.

Yeah, when we lose the gamble, it sucks. But don't up the ante, if you are not willing to suffer the loss. Love is the big league.

Neither Bay nor her family owed Tank anything. He was immature when he suggested that, and I lost respect for him because if it.

Quote:
That's because he wrote it off as a drunken mistake after the fact.
I agree with you. That didn't bother me either.

Quote:
How is not wanting to be persecuted as a "rapist" proof that he never really knew her at all? As I said Tank thought after the night that maybe Bay made a drunken mistake..maybe they both did. In no way did he think it was rape. Drunken mistakes happen, especially with ex's. He woke up and realized this. He was just as confused that morning... the only difference it that he remembered the night.
I agree with you again 100%.

I agree with Alyssa, too, in that I don't think Tank knew Bay, but that's not the proof.

Quote:
If he really wasn't her friend, then he would have tried to make it more than what it was. He would have tried to make it seem like she wanted a relationship with him and he is the one who should feel hurt and used.
No. He wasn't her friend, because he is too self-centered and self-absorbed.

I'm sure Tank thinks of himself as Bay's friend, but a true friend is committed to your happiness, and Tank was too self-serving for that.