View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Subject
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Tank seems like a user to me. When Bay questioned his decision to move in with Toby, Tank insinuated that it was the least her family could do for him, after what their relationship cost him. Tank is always acting as though he is owed something. I wonder if that will be his "go-to" position this summer or if he will take responsibility and move beyond that.

I for one think Tank was owed something from Bay. She kept pushing him to leave his frat to do things that he didn't really want to..because she wanted him to. So he did it. He made those sacrifices only for her to say...yeah I'm dumping you.

Quote:
when they first met up that day, it was just really cavalier and cold even on Tank's part. The whole "I'm not going to tell anyone. What's the big deal? We used protection."
That's because he wrote it off as a drunken mistake after the fact.

Quote:
when he begged her to not tell the school it was assault, the whole "You know me, Bay. We were friends before we dated," etc, it just rang so false. If Tank could really say "What's the big deal?" to her like that after telling her they slept together knowing she had a boyfriend and seeing the anguish on her face, then he really didn't know her at all. And if he didn't really know her, they were never really friends.
How is not wanting to be persecuted as a "rapist" proof that he never really knew her at all? As I said Tank thought after the night that maybe Bay made a drunken mistake..maybe they both did. In no way did he think it was rape. Drunken mistakes happen, especially with ex's. He woke up and realized this. He was just as confused that morning... the only difference it that he remembered the night.

If he really wasn't her friend, then he would have tried to make it more than what it was. He would have tried to make it seem like she wanted a relationship with him and he is the one who should feel hurt and used.