View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 01:37 PM
LG Stargirl
Master Fan

I just want to clarify something. That double standard I've mentioned before where people crucify Meredith and somehow give Derek all the understanding and benefit of the doubt? It is all over the place right now!

Are we seriously going to hate on Mer because of this episode description??? Really?!?? Ummm, I'm pretty freaking sure we should let it play out to see what happens. Oh, I don't know, like everyone is saying to do with Derek after the two sneak peeks and promos? I'm going to listen to what Derek has to say about this awful woman, and in my heart I'm hoping MerDer can eventually conquer this. I highly suggest people wait until they actually see what Mer says to Amelia and see how it ends up!!!! wth.

Not at all surprised. Same exact thing happened when they showed the sneak about the surgery streak. People judged Mer quick as lightning. And this whole Ellis 2.0 thing is so trite and overused - I mean COME ON. You know Ellis' whole "you're unfocused" speech? It was all about the things Meredith Grey does on a consistent basis such as worry what might be going on with her best friend's ex and her sister-in-law. It's called being human and having a heart, which exactly is what makes her not Ellis. Let's be real, of course she would have some emotional response to seeing her best friend's ex move on. If it were reversed, I sure as heck would expect Cristina to be unhappy if Derek moved on. Maybe Mer is worried about Amelia getting hurt because she's sure Owen is still in love with Cristina. In any event, give her a freaking break.

Oh wait. Only Derek is supposed to be given the benefit of the doubt and understanding. I forgot.

Yeah, Mer isn't freaking Ellis until she slits her wrists in front of her kids. End of story.