View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Mason30
Fan Forum Hero

it kinda goes a long way to showing what kb really brings to the table... that the show is 'weaker' without her is testament to her and her skill, what the character really offers and how the writers shine a light on her... and of course her chemistry with the pod and marty in particular.

as an aside, i think that doug really suffered in the later part of this season. it would appear that jeannie was the only one that could tell him to 'shut the **** up' and he would vaguely listen... but with less jeannie time we wound up with doug talking more... to his detriment. i dont really have a point to make here i dont think... but i think if we get season 5, its time to give the nerd a bit more depth and a bit less akward and annoying vibes.

Back on point i just want to say that i am very much in agreement with you.

i think that something was missing (they couldnt shoot it because of kb or whatnot) but there was definitely what felt like a chapter that had been lost. and the story arc suffered because of it.

also with the whole Deena thing sort of blowing out before it began it just lacked a certain 'extreme' do or die feel... in fact Deena handled the situation admirably... and you cant help but root for her a bit because she is clearly an adult that behaves in adult ways (albeit sharkey) but Marty, he's a kid in the playground that got pushed in the sandbox so he started making mud pies and throwing them around. its entertaining... but a bit empty sometimes (in this instance for example).

so yes, i think if kb had been able to be around a bit more in the last few eps, we would have seen a very different backend 3... and a stronger season because of it as well.

that said, i am waiting with baited breath to hear about season 5. surprised and a bit horrified that we havent yet. i thought for sure this last week would give it to us.