View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
mychichi
New Fan

I agree with just about everything you wrote. It's pretty clear that after ep 9, kb had to curtail her workload and the show had to write it's way around her limited availability, which subsequently - through no one's fault - lead to weaker episodes, so if this is it, it kinda sucks to have kb miss most of it.

in ep 10, Jeannie was clearly supposed to be the dissenting voice in the pod against Shags; thereby, punching up the humor and drama, especially the line about how she wouldn't stop b***hing about Shags as a client.

and in ep 12, Jeanie was supposed to be at the party when her water broke; thus, leading to the dilemma of whether Marty should go to the hospital or stay to convince the acquired companies to remain at K & A. In fact, I believe that's why she said, "No Way!" when he walked into the hospital room. She would've told him to stay and save the company and not worry or something like that.

Another question: When Jeannie says, "I'm trying to push the big-head of your child through my tiny vagina." Marty's response is (this is a paraphrase), "Be careful, I need that - " implying her vagina, which indicates to me that they were already together, maybe not sexually, but rather that they had come to terms with being couple of some kind or type.

Also, in ep 11, Denna (when Jeannie confronts her about the CFO job offer) says, "I know you and Marty have mended things and that might make this complicated for you." Marty stopped trying to push Jeannie out of K & A after ep 7, in ep 8 they both worked together to convince Denna to short the Gage stock. So when Denna says, "mended things" she's referring to Jeannie and Marty "mending things" personally.

I write all this to say, I think there was supposed to something else here - that couldn't happen for obvious reasons - between Jeannie and Marty that would have punched up the drama and personal intrigue of the last three eps.

I don't know. Oh well. Both ep 11 &12 will air back to back on Mar 29th, perhaps because the finale wasn't strong enough and might have a better impact if shown after 11 - the strongest of the last three episodes.