View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 12:25 PM
kenni727
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
I think he started evolving/maturing as a character after the whole Charlotte/Wells/Murphy saga.
That was certainly crucial. And I've said this before - will probably say it again - but I don't think the Bellamy we saw in those first few episodes was ever the real Bellamy. At that point in time he was very much reactive to this new world and position he found himself in. He was scared and grasping tightly to his new found freedom and influence. The Charlotte/Wells/Murphy saga was most definitely an eye opener for him. I really liked seeing him struggle with hanging Murphy. Ultimately he made a poor choice there, but I feel like Bob did an excellent job of portraying Bellamy's inner conflict.

Bellamy learned from that experience. I don't think he'd fully realized the extent of his power and influence on the others till then. Or at least not all the ramifications of such power and influence. And while he still made some poor and self serving choices - throwing the radio in the river for one - this was a turning point for him as he starts to really see and understand the consequences of his choices.