View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
It may not be time for Bellarke to happen yet but we've been told time and time again that the show isn't about love it's about survival. Yet Jason & co are all for Clexa and gave them a kiss when I didn't see any build up in that direction until this episode and Bellarke have had build up since early S1. I just feel like the "it's about survival" only truly applies toward Bellarke. I still have faith that they'll happen but I'm not too fond of the execution right now.
People say this all the time I don't know why. The show is about survival. But that doesn't mean that there aren't gonna be other themes worked in. The show sure as **** isn't about romance. Like they've said a zillion times, the focus of the show is survival. Romance is the icing on the cake. It's a fancy garnish to help them draw out certain ideas and subtleties of the bigger story. Like, for instance, I'm pretty convinced that they put the Clexa and Wicken scenes right next to each other to highlight how both girls are coping with their emotional pain. Not because the show is secretly all about love and there's some deliberate plot against Bellarke. They'll do Bellarke when it has the greatest capacity to be meaningful to the larger themes of the story.