View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:12 AM
itsmemandy
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
But it'll be good to see her courted too. She never really was, was she? Even Henry seduced her more than he courted her!
Exactly, what's actually really cool about these two is that they both are VERY similar.
Silviq and I talked about it yesterday, and there are so many similarities:
They both don't care about manners:
When Kenna was wearing the necklace that Henry gave her in 1x05 Catherine told Mary "I see your lady has a new necklace, so blatantly disrespectful." and about Antoine Greer told Mary "King Antoine has a lot of nerves inviting a woman like you."
And I noticed that Conde gives Antoine the same look Mary gives Kenna when she says something questionnable, like when she said "Could she have had worst timing, he was just about to propose to me." And than they're both ambitious, and people think that they are self centered, and stupid and people underestimate them, when in fact, they're both very perceptive, and they're fiercly loyal to the people they care about (Antoine and his family/ Kenna and Bash and the ladies and Mary)
I think if kennash continue on this path, these two would be a much better couple IMO. Rigt now, I don't know what to think of what I want for Kennash, I still like them, but I don't see where the writers could go for them. I just feel like this season made them boring as hell, Kenna being a boring housewife waiting for her husband to come home, believing everything he says. She's basically becoming what Catherine told her that day in the dungeon. "You're pretty enough to land a good husband and lead a nice quite life." I don't want Kenna like that, I hope she will soon go back to who she really was.
I hate the fact that she had to "change for love", did Bash change his beliefs for her ? It's like she doesn't have a say in anything, he does what his brother wants him to do and he doesn't care about what she wants, what's best for her. It's sad really. I've come to a point where if they don't change this dynamic, I want her to be with Antoine.