View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 03:28 AM
Copop
Fan Forum Hero

Since I won't be able to watch later, I already did^^

Here are my thoughts about the episode. I know it’s kind of scattered, I did a comment-as-I-go-thing, so I’m sorry in advance^^ Sometimes my mind jumped all over the place.

And it’s a long post, sorry.

- Detailed crime scene introduction. That became less over the run of the series. Which is a good thing. Now it’s mostly only someone discovering the crime scene and the reaction they have.
- Rick as a playboy – I totally understand Kate’s annoyance with him at first.
- Can I just say that I love how they exchanged the guy with Ryan? I’m very happy about it. I don’t know what circumstances are behind it, maybe the actor dying/getting sick or so?
- Lanie. The best friend, sassy and saying like it is^^
- Kate is so very serious and business-like. I see how she could have become the Captain we know from 7x06 if Castle hadn’t come into her life.
- They all look so young
- The banter is great.
- Alexis are in the ep a lot. Just something I noticed.
- Man, that old/substitute badge no. bothers me^^
- First interrogation ever – yay! And the first eye roll in under five minutes
- Poker game! I loved those. They should do one again.
- The eye brow game quirking game was strong even back then
- Molly does a great job here. She was only 14. Amazing.
- *gasp* Espo is sitting in Castle’s chair/place!
- Lmao, Espo’s “Maybe he likes you.”
- The two precinct sets never really bothered, me, but it is obvious there’s a difference.
- Montgomery. Aw.
- I love how Castle will change Kate’s way of thinking and approaching crime scenes and investigations.
- Famous ‘Analyzing Beckett’ scene. Which got Stana the job on Castle in the first place. You can see why!
- The lip-biting game was also strong already
- Not listening to Beckett. Oh, Castle^^
- Oh, the old cars. I approve they have new ones now.
- Ryan is so hilarious. Again, I’m glad we have him
- In the scene in which they capture the suspect you think it’s four detectives on scene. It’s confusing.
- Haha, in the scene in which Castle gives her the signed book she might be thinking “I want to hate him, but I can’t.”
- And then he steals evidence and she can hate him^^
- Oooh, library and safe word apples. Ah, classic
- Kate is already changing her way of thinking. So not letting Castle get to her
- First ‘You comin’?’ Woohoo!
- Love how the license plates of the cars stayed the same. Why couldn’t they pay attention to the badge numbers, too? That really bothers me^^
- ‘Stop and Staaare!’ – ‘You have no idea!’ – also classic.
- And here he goes writing his next book, and therefore having to do research. Epic set up

All in all, the episode works well as a Pilot. Everything is reasonably explained, how they usually work. And in comes a guy upsetting the apple cart. The parts not being explained are set up well so you want to know more. It surely piques your interest.